1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Acoustic Image FOCUS 2R: PRICE DROP! 2 channels w/chorus/flange/reverb, 1000 watts, 2 ohm stable!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by soulstew, Jun 15, 2018.

1. soulstew

soulstew Supporting Member

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Price:
    $599
    $619 $599 shipped CONUS. Includes AI carrying case. Paypal OK.

This is the "big gun:" the 1000-watt big brother to the venerable Clarus 2R head.
    All the features and functionality of the Clarus 2R, but twice the power: 1000 watts into 2 ohms, 800 into 4 ohms, and 450 into 8 ohms--with studio-grade digital reverb, delay, chorus and flange built in.

Ruggedly built workhorse head with classic AI transparency, authority and flexibility.

Two completely independent channels can each accept either standard instrument cable or XLRs connector. Built-in phantom power for both channels.

Plus, each channel has its own variable HPF (high pass filter). They can also be switched to function as notch filters as well.

I recently played a winery gig with this and used the 2nd channel for the PA mic. Works great as a PA for announcements and introductions, or even vocals.

I bought this several weeks ago as a 2-ohm stable, piezo and mic-friendly backup head, and to use with my Rob Allen bass on cocktail/brewery/winery gigs. I loved it so much I bought the combo version of it, which is amazing in its own right. So now I have this one to sell.

Here's the original listing from Ebay (note that they had it mistakenly listed as the lower-power Clarus model, but you can see clearly that it's the FOCUS version): Acoustic Image Clarus 2R Series III Amplifier with Case | eBay (Note: I have two of these heads, so I've decided to keep the case)

Clean and in excellent condition. There is a small scuff on the top and a few tiny pinprick spots that I touched up with a Sharpie on top--you can barely see them in the photos below.

Specs (from manual for both Clarus and FOCUS):
    115V/60 Hz or 230V/50 Hz, switchable
    Size:10x8x3.5 inches
    Weight: 4 lbs 15 oz. (by my kitchen scale)
    Mic Input: 600 ohm balanced, XLR connector
    (Phantom Power: 38 volts, on/off switch w/LED indicator)
    Instrument Input: 1 M impedance, 1/4 inch jack
    Direct Out: +4 dB, balanced, XLR connector, ground lift, pre/post EQ selector
    Effects Loop: Parallel type with return level control
    Bass Control: Shelving type, ±15 dB at 60 Hz
    Mid Control: ±15 dB at 650 Hz
    Treble Control: Shelving type, ±25 dB at 10 kHz
    Notch Filter: >-18 dB sweepable from 30 to 800 Hz
    Low Cut (a/k/a High Pass) Filter: -12 dB/octave sweepable from 30 to 800 H
    Power Amp (all models)
    Topology
    Class D (PWM)
    Switching Frequency
    230 kHz
    Output Power-Clarus
    >250W @ 8 ohms, >400 W @ 4ohms, >500W @ 2ohms

Output Power-Focus
    >450W @ 8 ohms, >800 W @ 4ohms, >1000W @ 2ohms
    Minimum Load: 2 ohms
    Output Connectors: Neutrik Speakon type (pole 1)
    upload_2018-6-15_15-24-26. upload_2018-6-15_15-24-58. upload_2018-6-15_15-25-41. upload_2018-6-15_15-26-12. upload_2018-6-15_15-26-32.

PM me with questions. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Randy Ward and james condino like this.
  2. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    'Fantastic amp; I've used one for hundreds of gigs!

soulstew likes this.
  3. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    I couldn't agree more. I'm a bit surprised it's still here at this price. This is a ton of amp for under $600.

4. soulstew

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    And sold! Thanks for all the interest, folks. This particular piece led to several fun conversations via PM.