Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic Image "Slave" Power Amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Feb 20, 2005.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
  2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That is really interesting. GAS :eek:

3. I like that it stacks with the Focus. :cool:

4. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I have one on order. I'm really excited about gaining some headroom in my upright rig (currently a GK 150mbe) and some portability for my electric. I will be using it with a Sansamp Acoustic DI which I have been very impressed with in the few weeks I've had it. The SADI seems to easily get a good sound in any room with both upright and electric although I don't like it in front of another preamp. When plugged into an effects loop return or power amp it sounds great. I'm taking a bit of a risk with this rig but I will be surprised if these two units don't work well together.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    basss,

when did you order yours? how long did they say it'd take?

6. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I ordered mine last week from (all hail) Bob G. He said they would be coming in early this week and that I would probably be in on the first batch. So I'm hoping any day now... I have a couple gigs this weekend that I would like to try it on.

7. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    wow that thing is tiny.

8. I'm thinking this might work well with a Walter Woods Ultra if you wanted to have more extension cabs.... what do you think?
    What do these ball park for? Thanks

9. PB+J

PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    It's very cool--just seems maybe a little pricey to me at $1000. A stewart world 600 is the same watts bridged but with two independent channels. Costs half as much, but weighs twice as much. How much is 5 lbs worth? I don't know--I'd love to get one of these though