Acoustic Image "Slave" Power Amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Feb 20, 2005.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
  2. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That is really interesting. GAS :eek:
  3. I like that it stacks with the Focus. :cool:
  4. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I have one on order. I'm really excited about gaining some headroom in my upright rig (currently a GK 150mbe) and some portability for my electric. I will be using it with a Sansamp Acoustic DI which I have been very impressed with in the few weeks I've had it. The SADI seems to easily get a good sound in any room with both upright and electric although I don't like it in front of another preamp. When plugged into an effects loop return or power amp it sounds great. I'm taking a bit of a risk with this rig but I will be surprised if these two units don't work well together.
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

when did you order yours? how long did they say it'd take?
  6. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I ordered mine last week from (all hail) Bob G. He said they would be coming in early this week and that I would probably be in on the first batch. So I'm hoping any day now... I have a couple gigs this weekend that I would like to try it on.
  7. CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    wow that thing is tiny.
  8. I'm thinking this might work well with a Walter Woods Ultra if you wanted to have more extension cabs.... what do you think?
    What do these ball park for? Thanks
  9. PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    It's very cool--just seems maybe a little pricey to me at $1000. A stewart world 600 is the same watts bridged but with two independent channels. Costs half as much, but weighs twice as much. How much is 5 lbs worth? I don't know--I'd love to get one of these though