1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic Modelers on Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by farewelltowords, Mar 5, 2008.

1. farewelltowords

farewelltowords

Jul 22, 2006
    I know that many of you tried the boss acoustic simulator and hated it... but are there any other pedals doing that kind of stuff?

I want to make my bass ocasionally to sound like an acoustic guitar (or an acoustic bass, either it's fine), is there any pedal that can do this?

I'm considering buying a Behringer Acoustic Modeler, since it's so cheap. And if i can't get really anything, any good sound, out of it, whatever... Any of you have ever tried this pedal on bass?

2. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Personally, I have not tried the Behringer unit, but bearing in mind that it's a....shall we say.... emulation of the Boss design (which I think sounds dreadful on bass), and that it's a Behringer product, I doubt you'd get much in the way of good results out of it.

Making a bass sound like an acoustic guitar is a tricky proposition.... I don't really know how you'd go about doing that other than perhaps some really radical EQ changes.