Acoustic Problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CopiusX, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Ok, so, I recently bought myself an Acoustic rig: B200H, B115, B410. The cabinets worked fine, but the head was distorting and generally just not working very well. I had gotten the floor model, so I figured that the root of that problem was a bunch of punk kids ****ing around with the thing. I took that head back to Guitar Center, traded it in for one of the ones they had in the back, took it home, and hooked it up to my rig only to find out that it WON'T TURN ON. It's not the power cable, I checked it against my other cables, the BRAND NEW amp will simply not turn on. Now, I've heard a lot of good things about Acoustic amps, but I'm really starting to question my choice of head. The other options in my price range are the Gallien Krueger Backline 600, the Kustom Deep End 200HD, and the Ashdown Electric Blue 180. Should I assume that the fact that neither of my Acoustic heads worked properly was a fluke, or should I ask for my money back and put it towards another one of these heads?

tl;dr: Acoustics have been unreliable for me, should I stay the course or look for a new head?

2. I bought my Acoustic head two weeks ago and it was the floor model, took it to a gig and BAM it sound killer:bassist:

I think what happened to you was a fluke just get another and try it in the store before you take it home. You won't be disappointed.

3. Yeah, the amount of support for the company and the head in particular makes me believe that I've just been really unlucky with what I've been getting from Guitar Center. When my old one worked it sounded great, but then it sort of... stopped working.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021