1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic simulator on bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassteban, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Anyone ever try the Boss acoustic sim pedal on a 6 or 7 string bass?

2. It's going to strain my marriage to be the first.

3. well, i would have to say it will probably thin out your bass sound, isn't it basically just some fancy eq'ing and filtering?

i would predict it doesn't sound so hot with a bass. but i can also be pretty wrong...

4. I was in a (crappy)Guitar(ist) Center today, but they didn't have one. I would likely only use it to 'sketch' song ideas w/my 6 string bass. I can get a convincing-enough-for-me electric guitar tone w/a Daddy-o, I've got an SR-16 for drum machine-sounding 'drums', & I actually have a cheap nylon-string guitar w/a piezo. I just like being able to plug in & get several different 'instruments' layed down w/o moving my lazy old arse.
    So I'll likely eventually try one out, & if it doesn't sound too bad I'll grab one- hopefully used. Thanks, peeps.

5. thats cool,
    yeah, i'd definatly try one first, i had the same idea as you, of course i never tried thought of a 6 or 7 string bass, with the high c or f (if thats how you tune it). it could work, but i wouldn't get it without trying it first!