Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acoustic Workhorse thang

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by thwackless, Aug 25, 2004.

1. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    I have an Acoustic 370 head, and I'm selling it to pay off a more powerful rig. It's:

Got some grease-pencil type markings at the knob/slider adjustments, and one wobbly slider (50Hz)- though the slider works fine, no noise, etc (5-band bass-specific EQ works pretty good for a 30 year-old design).

Missing two rubber feet at the stand-up end. I can fix this if you like- but it'll be understood they won't be original.

Has a nice built-in steel handle at the pick-up end.

It shut down once at a gig, due to the fact I was running the "Monitor Outs" to an external power amp, and the 370 didn't like the fact I was running it with no load on the speaker outs. No extenuating problems have arisen from this- it works as expected, and I've been using it regularly since.

Typical speaker 'Thump' at start-up. Harmless, and fun!

Looking for $250 + shipping (I've found FedEx to be the least expensive, and they're reliable), trades aren't of interest at this time. It's a good-sounding, solid head, gig-hardy. If you're in New England, we can meet, or you can try it out before you committ the cash.

Thanks for reading,

Rog.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I love Acoustic gear! I've a B320 head, and a 2x15 cab from them. Great stuff, reliable too, and easy for anyone to fix (even if you've no knowledge of electronics! Everything's labeled inside, and a nice diagram, and no tricky circuit boards). Someone pick this up!
    Ray

3. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    UFF DA! i have a 140 head...NICE stuff...if i had the money for the 370 i'd be all over that....good luck with that

4. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    if you still have it in a month or so let me know...i will definitely hit that up

5. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    Hah! What does THAT mean?! Always fun to learn something new...

Check back- and I'll keep your e-mail and knock on your door if it's still here in a month, sure. Thanks for the interest,

Rog.