1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GearHeadBassMan, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Whens the new, higher power amp coming out? I heard word they were bringing in a 600 watt one?

I really want to try out acoustic, wish guitar center wasnt so far away.

Any comparable brands to describe it's sound? (I just like the way they look and have heard they are bargains!)

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've always thought Acoustic amps sound closest to GK's. At least the old ones did. I've only tried the little 20w combo out of the new stuff, but with the old stuff, you can definitely hear the Acoustic influence on GK.

3. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    ......and we all know how much you love GK.....so what are you really saying then, Jimmy? :eyebrow:

:smug:

4. ok, i mean, it'll be better for me to just go drive down the GC and play them myself anyhow.

How about the higher powered amp? I feel like I need a bit more wattage than 200 watts, places I play at usually dont have PA and I'm starting to look into effects and such other power wasters

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    LOL! Actually, I don't mind GK so much. It's not my favorite sound but it's not nearly as objectionable as other heads I won't name but they rhyme with "swEden."