Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

act of God/warranty

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dr_love2112, Sep 19, 2005.

1. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    i tired to post over at the g/k website but its always slow so her it goes...........i live in houston texas and theirs a hurricane projected to head this way. well i cant pack up ALL of my bass gear plus my family/clothing/water/food/ect. so im wondering if an "Act of GOD" is covered under the g/k warranty???

2. i am in now way an expert on this, but i'm guessing you would have to claim it in your homeowners insurance. i doubt GK would cover that.

3. BBMS

BBMS

Jun 29, 2005
    Use them. They're great! They come in all sizes, and are pretty water tight. My stuff has been through 5-6 hurricanes (I've lost track), and everything has endured. Insurance for act of God? I doubt it. Contents coverage? Yes. Good luck! We're still working on Ivan-related stuff. MY

4. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    ill try the plastic boxes and put some silcone around the lid, but what to do about my fretless jazz bass now, im taking my geddy with me

5. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    I have to say that I'm thinking about my exit plan as well. The fiance', the 2 cats, 3 basses, 2 guitars & a bass that is supposed to be delivered on this fri, the day of landfall. I also have a full 1988 Tama Granstar birch drumset which is probably staying but the doublewidth birch .45 caliber Tama snare drum is coming w/me. Oh yea a Fender Deville 410. I hope I don't have to make any decisions in re: to this.

6. BBMS

BBMS

Jun 29, 2005
    Katy, TX? You're a long way from the coastline; why are you worried? Sure we have wind damage, the roof leaked a LOT, ceiling collapsed; some neighbors had trees through their houses, but overall, most damage was due to storm surge, and that was limited to the shoreline, from the Gulf all up the bays, bayous and rivers. I don't see that happening in Katy. Power outage for sure. MY

7. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    I hope you are correct. There is a bayou 80' to 100' away from the house. The neighborhood is a large coldesac, one way in, I think that if it did flood, we would have no exit options.
    I seriously doubt storm surge could get anywhere near I-10 & Fry Rd. If the eye hits San Luis pass heading toward west Houston, I think it would be stupid not to have an exit plan. Even if I didn't care about myself, I would leave to keep the lady & cats safe.

8. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    www.ascap.com

Join ASCAP for free & then look up musicpro insurance under membership benefits.

get $10,000 of insurance for your gear for $100

9. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I love hearing that on insurance policies....

It always makes me think of things being smitten, but replaced under warranty!

Oh yeah!

:D

10. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Well, actually when that comes up it doesn't cover it.

So no Smiting....
    :crying:

11. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Chances are if you don't have flood coverage your homeowners won't cover you anyway. Better to have it stolen.