1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Action is too high on my Geddy

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by mello_bedwetter, Feb 28, 2008.

1. I just bought a Geddy Lee Jazz and love it but the string action is too high. I'd like to lower the action some. Is this something I should do or try to find a Luthier? I know most on here probably do this themselves. I never have done it and really don't want to make things worse. Any simple way to do this without me screwing it up?
    I don't know of any Luthiers around here either, another problem. Try not to be too tough on me. This is probably something easy but as I said I've never tried it. Thanks.

2. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Right off the top of my head, I remembered a forum post on the Dingwall website. Sheldon tells how he gets the action set for his Dingwall basses (the best playing/sounding basses in the world IMO :)....just my opinion, don't get mad :)). You should be able to easily find it. It's very explanatory and easy to do.

Good luck.
    -Jody

3. Thanks Jedi...and I'm not mad. I just appreciate your help. I've been away from playing music for about 27 years and just started up again about a year ago. I'm just trying to learn some things on here. Again...thanks.

4. Jonsbasses

Jonsbasses

Oct 21, 2006
    Fort Worth, TX
    Builder: Jon's Basses
    Setting the action is definitely something you can do yourself. Try doing a search on projectguitar.com, google, or yahoo to get an idea of how to adjust the action some. However, if you have any specific questions feel free to post here.

5. jazzblade

jazzblade

Jun 21, 2005
    Northern Cal