Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

action

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by minor third, Jun 23, 2004.

1. well i don't know wheter to post this thread here or in the strings forum so i'll just place it here. i have a RBX6JM Yamaha bass. i ve been playing finger style for a long time. now however i'm getting more into slap style and tapping. i'm having problems withe the tone when it comes to slap and especially when comes to tapping because my action is high. what suggestions can anyone give as to how to have an action setting that gives a good tone for the finger slat and tap styles?

minor third
    :confused:

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  3. You will need to develop a technique that allows you to play both styles. EQ settings, where and how you hold your plucking hand, will also be a part of the equation.

You can also try different types of strings while experimenting with your technique!

I play both styles and had to learn through trial and error. :eek:

Currently I use the Thomastik-Infeld Power Bass Series strings to help achieve the action and tones for this style of playing.

Check into them, maybe you'll have the same results as I do!

http://www.thomastik-infeld.net/start/

POWER BASS SERIES

[​IMG]
    Treena

4. thanks for the advice heavy duty bass.