1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

action

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by OuTsIdEr_LP, Mar 10, 2008.

1. I own 3 guitars. An Ibanez SG something or other. An Ibanez SRX595 and a Cort Artisan B4.

I got the Cort on saturday and I love playing it. The action is soooo nice.

Why can't my Ibanez basses be like this? I compared the them and found that the Ibanez has a slight bend in the neck.

Does slapping get affected by the action ?

2. Maybe you can improve the Ibanez action by a small turn of the truss rod to take the bend out of it?
    Slap needs a little height - too low action and the percussion of the strings hitting the frets will be less

3. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    Read the sticky at the top of this forum, the one that claims to answer all truss rod and action questions. It's in all caps, it's hard to miss. After a few adjustments, all of your axes will be playing better than you could imagine.

4. I've read that sticky. How do I know what to use ? I like the low action, but I also like the high action.

Any tips?

5. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Try a compromise....medium action. Simply put, without being condescending, you can't have both. Compromise or make a decision