1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Active 5 string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sgt Baker, May 13, 2011.

1. Sgt Baker

Sgt Baker

Aug 20, 2010
    Yo dudes, you guys know of a solid active 5 string, preferably with soapbar routing, from like the 400-600 ish range? Thanks in advance

2. Ibanez SR305 or SR405. You can find the SR505 for under $400 used.

All great basses.

3. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    Ibanez SR 505.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Lakland 5501
    Brubaker Brute

5. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Ibanez BTB

6. +1

Snag a used BTB. Preferably an early Japan made. I absolutely hate the feel of sound gear basses, but LOVE the BTB's. Mine has a very extended tone range. A super super super awesome bass.

7. +1 to the sr505:) New, it's at or slightly over the top of your budget. That being said, it sounds great w/ the barts in it:bassist:

8. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    From your description and price range, I personally would recommend schecter stiletto basses, schecter omen, schecter damien, dean edge basses, and Ibanez soundgear basses. these basses have soapbar pick-ups and they sound totally awesome.

9. Kukkiwanblack

Kukkiwanblack

Jan 17, 2011
    I would go with the stiletto Studio probably I had a 6 string version it was awesome. But check out the trabens also. Had one of those. It was a powerhouse.

10. El-Bob

El-Bob

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    Imo/Ime, Ltd basses beat out all of the schecters and ibanez' in the same price range. unfortunately, Ltd doesn't get much love around here, so it's hard to be heard above the crowd with this sort of thing... anyway, check out their 5ers in your price range, especially the B and D series.

11. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I like the ESP Ltd F series fivers, the 155dx is only $379 for internet store prices. Ot get higher model version. Ibanez Soundgears (several models to pick from) would be my other pref for nice fiver in the under $600 range.

12. Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Feb 14, 2009
    Montréal, QC
    In that price range, Ibanez and LTD are hard to beat. I'd go with an SR505, but that's because I'm a SR fanboy already ;)

13. dnoel86

dnoel86

Dec 26, 2008
    Coquitlam, BC
    Get a BTB.