1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Active Bass and the PODxt Bean...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nyarlathotep, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I'm thinking of getting a new bass, but all of them out there seem to be active, even some of the budget ones :eek: Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had any issues running an active into the bean version of the PODxt.

I'm thinking just leaving the volume fairly low would suffice.

Opinions/Experience???

2. [QUOTE="line6 POD xt manual]Input Level - The NORMAL setting of this switch is appropriate for most
    basses with non-active pickups. If you see the CLIP light coming on, that means
    you’re overloading Bass PODxt Pro’s input. If that happens frequently, try the PAD
    setting here. This switches in input circuitry that’s appropriate for hotter signals output
    by some basses with active pickups, or from keyboards and other sources.[/QUOTE]
    !

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    That's the pro, not the bean. The bean has no pad switch.

I'm still thinking that running the bass at less than full volume would work....

4. ah, d'oh. Even so, I'd be surprised if it couldn't handle a decent input level. Maybe a little bit of volume rolled off on the bass...

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    :cool: Only 1 way to find out I guess....