Active Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eupharies, May 27, 2012.

1. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Bassist - Chasing Dragons
    Ok so i bought a custom landing bass a few months back... and its always been hard finding the tone i want as ive always been using different cabs etc...

But i now have a cab so its no longer an issue, i play through a GK MB500 head.

My question is...

On my bass, which has stacked bass treble boost / cut for each pickup.

Should i

Boost everything to full on my bass, and then use my amp to get the desired tone.

Or

Set everything Flat on the bass, then use the amp to get the tone i want, and then tweak the bass / treble on my bass to get the perfect tone..

Its just ive always had a passive bass, and am struggling because of all the knobs....

My fender jazz had 3 knobs, Vol x 2 and tone

My landing has, vol x 2, stacked bass treble x 2, and a switch for pickup select.. :(

I just need to get used to it but, knowing how to set my bass before i eq it through my amp would help i think!!

Thanks

2. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Most people would start with the bass flat, but do what you think sounds best.

3. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Bassist - Chasing Dragons
    cool cool, i thought as much :)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021