Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

active biamped loud speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Samie, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Has anybody out here used any of the new active speakers like the berhringer ultrawave b300, Yamaha MS400 ot Roland EON2.

These all are full range and have a 15" speaker. They range from 300watts to 400 watts.

Arent they a cost-effective altenative for a great bass sound!!

If you combine it with a decent preamp you can probably get a great sound. Not to mention portability.

I can't believe no one has thought of this.

Any cons that you guys can think about?

thanks

2. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Since nobody help me out I researched it out my self In case it is helpful for someone else.

At first I wanted a 15" because of the lows. Roland EON, Yamaha MS400, Behringer ultrawave. I now know that this is not best choice are not the best choice because such a big woffer is slow and does not produce clear mids.

I am now looking at the 12". Mainly the mackie 450 and FBT maxx4a. Both have 400watts.

I have a 1000 Euro budget(about $950), and I am in europe. I cant get a decent 300+ watt system new or used for that money!! terrible.. I have no choice but to settle for pod + active..

If anybody knows a place in europe where I can get decent bass amps please let me know. I am in Madrid - Spain but I dont mind shopping on line.

Thanks