Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

active duty TB'ers???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LoRD_eZeK, Aug 9, 2002.

1. i think i'm the only one on here.....i'm so alone

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well, I have an active bass and I'm playing a well-paid gig tonight - does that count? ;)

3. As in Active duty Military?

There are quite a few. I'm active USAF stationed at Travis AFB, Ca.

If you're asking about basses, all mine are currently passive.

4. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Sorry, my parts say passive and apparently I don't have a slot for a battery anywhere.

5. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Pacman and ChaosGwar are active duty. As for me, im active duty military brat hickam afb hawaii

-cap

6. Bruce Lindfield

It was interesting to look at this to see how many "guests" there were and what they were looking at!

So many more guests than members and one of them was "Reporting a Post" - so I can only imagine this is complaining about something via the "Report this post to a moderator" link?

Does anyone else find this strange? So you come along to a forum, don't even bother to register, but start complaining about what others have said? :rolleyes:

I saw another "Guest" who was "adding member to buddy list" and another was "editing post" - how can this be possible? Are we being hacked by anonymous "Guests"?

7. yeah, I didn't think Guests were allowed to do anything other than view. I just looked and saw them replying to posts, quoting posts, etc.

8. Bruce Lindfield

It also told me that "Yawnsie" has spent all morning "using the private messaging system" ! What is he up to in there! :D

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    You can specify "invisible mode" in your prefs. Those are probably members in stealth mode!

10. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i'm active duty air force, stationed at hurlburt field, fl - 'home of the quiet professionals'...

jdkh

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    FIXED

12. Bruce Lindfield

But how - what was the problem?

Besides it hasn't been - I just went and looked again and saw a "Guest" : voting on a poll and using the private messaging system!!

13. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    It's the invisible mode. I use it myself. I switched it on when I had a sulk over one of the religious debates. I don't bother now-I know I'm right. Never switched off invisible mode though.

14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Bruce: to my understanding, "Invisible" members are interpreted as guests by the forum software...

To be Invisible:
    (go to your Control Panel>Options>Login, Cookies & Privacy>invisible mode: YES)

15. Bruce Lindfield

So why did you say it was "fixed" then - just trrying to wind me up eh!!! :mad:

16. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Coooool! Power Rangers unite!

17. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    "deer torkbaser,
    im a HOT 19 yer old whos webcam is alwyz on! do u want 2 slap my stringz?? cLiCk HeRe 4 RED HOT BASS ACTION!"

18. LOL!!!!

Shhhh, down boy. Bruce, I've always tried to defend you and your...misunderstoodness... but if you get into a fight over this I'm backing out right here right now! ;) :D

19. Bruce Lindfield

Haven't you heard the phrase "too much information" - keep it private!! ;)

I won't ask anymore!