I’m considering buying a bass guitar that has active electronics (built-in battery). I currently play a passive bass (no built-in battery). I mostly practice by playing multiple short sessions with frequent breaks. From what I’ve read and been told, an active electronic guitar’s guitar-to-amp cable has to be pulled from the guitar when it’s not in use in order to prevent the bass’s built-in battery from draining. Q1. Instead, if I was to turn the bass amplifier’s on/off switch to the OFF position AND leave the guitar-to-amp cable plugged in AND leave the amp-to-wall-outlet cable plugged in, will the bass’s built-in battery be drained? Q2. Why don’t bass guitar manufacturers just install an on/off switch on the guitar itself to prevent battery draining instead of having to install/remove a cable every time you start/stop playing? Thank you, talkbass forumites.