active fender jazz ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tristianXzon, Nov 2, 2003.

1. tristianXzon

Oct 16, 2003
    Awhile back I owned a fender jazz bass, it was active with maybe emg's or lace pu in it, it had no pickguard, and and the knobs were black and the volume was stacked. I sold it cause i needed the cash, now i would like another one, but i dont remember the model name... any ideas, i think it was mabe a model from the late 80's early 90's. please let me know. thakyou
  2. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    American Deluxe FMT?
  3. I believe the FMTs are a newer design from Fender...

4. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I think that was an early 90's version called the jazz plus. Iv'e seen those around but don't care for them. I do think the pups were lace sensor's.
  5. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    the US.JP-90 jazz bass,they were only out out 3 years(90-93)and the made some active as well,or it could have been the standard jazz bass plus model,now they are made in mexico(peeee-eeeeuw)and cost about 100.00$ more than the regular standard model.:meh:
  6. #N7312694

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
  8. tristianXzon

Oct 16, 2003
    thank you everyone, i think the plus is the one
  9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    BTW, Fender Lace Sensor pickups are friggin' awesome. I have one in my home-made P-Bass and it sounds DA BALLZ!!!!! Orders of magnitude better than EMGs IMO.
  10. kind of random, but I didn't know Bunny Bass was closing or rather did close...