1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

active fender jazz ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tristianXzon, Nov 2, 2003.

1. tristianXzon

tristianXzon

Oct 16, 2003
    Awhile back I owned a fender jazz bass, it was active with maybe emg's or lace pu in it, it had no pickguard, and and the knobs were black and the volume was stacked. I sold it cause i needed the cash, now i would like another one, but i dont remember the model name... any ideas, i think it was mabe a model from the late 80's early 90's. please let me know. thakyou

2. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    American Deluxe FMT?

3. I believe the FMTs are a newer design from Fender...

Glenn

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I think that was an early 90's version called the jazz plus. Iv'e seen those around but don't care for them. I do think the pups were lace sensor's.

5. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Conn.
    the US.JP-90 jazz bass,they were only out out 3 years(90-93)and the made some active as well,or it could have been the standard jazz bass plus model,now they are made in mexico(peeee-eeeeuw)and cost about 100.00$ more than the regular standard model.:meh:

6. #N7312694
    http://www.bunnybass.com/basses/fender_jazz4dx_burst/femder_jazz4dx.shtml

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
  8. tristianXzon

tristianXzon

Oct 16, 2003
    thank you everyone, i think the plus is the one

9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    BTW, Fender Lace Sensor pickups are friggin' awesome. I have one in my home-made P-Bass and it sounds DA BALLZ!!!!! Orders of magnitude better than EMGs IMO.

10. kind of random, but I didn't know Bunny Bass was closing or rather did close...