Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

active fenders....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by matt"bass", Feb 16, 2006.

1. matt"bass"

matt"bass"

Oct 20, 2005
    Hull
    i think that the good old classics of a jazz or precision can't be beaten in their passive state, i think they are great basses having played them both, but i've always wondered about the deluxe fender p bass special, the one with the jazz neck, the quality of the deluxe instruments satisfy me, but i've never heard one properly, are they worth gettin ordered in to play, or should i not waste my time?

please help
    matt

2. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    When i bought my most recent bass i was between that bass and the jazz version of that bass. The jazz is an awsome bass to play howeever i did have to flop out the bridge. However the Pre-amps on these things are terrible. Im scraping mine all together and im going to have the classic vol-vol-tone pre amp put in. And then i might wanna switch out the pickups depending on hwo i like the sound after the passive switch

3. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    for the record, its not a preamp if its volume volume tone..

just passive wiring.

there are some special "passive" preamps. which don't cut/boost as much as rool off treble ACTIVELY. check out audere music systems for that kind. otherwise, wiring is just passive wiring.