1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Active Jazz neck Pickup issue

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lonegroover, Jun 29, 2007.

1. lonegroover

lonegroover

Jul 16, 2006
    Anyone know what this might be:

I've got a active Fender CS Jazz (less that a year old) and I normally have the pot for switching pickups set flat (50% each neck and bridge). I was playing through the phones last night and rolled the bridge Pup off and Neck right up. As I reached what should have been full on neck there was no volume. In fact it was cutting out just over 3/4way to the point of being on max neck Pup.

When I checked further by rolling back towards flat (50/50) overall volume seemed to step up considerably once the pot reached flat (50/50).

I hope this makes sense to someone. I checked both batteries with a tester and they both seemed OK.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

The bass is active because of the preamp not the pup which is passive - if it's a Custom Shop = CS. In fact Fender doesn't make an active bass pup I'm aware of.

Flat is typically an EQ term but the detent (blend mid position), is 100/100 not 50/50 and tapers from that to zip from the neck/bridge pup depending on which way you go. So apparently what you're hearing is the J taper down to 0 and no neck. In other words, as you've assessed, the neck pup apparently is not functioning at all.

See FAQ Dimento's Trouble Shooting Guide

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021