Active Mains Speakers for Small Bar (Vocals + Guitar)

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Smallmouth_Bass, May 30, 2018.

1. I'd go listen to em all...

I use JBLPRX but that would be overkill for your app maybe....

I'd check out the sticks too. JLB, Bose, T, etc....

We've used two Bose sticks behind us instead of floors for a show on the coast, outdoor venue, huge covered open front stage... They can get loud as hell if needs be... They were eating me up....

I've considered the JBL EON sticks instead of floors for the band I am with now.... Getting too old to sling many cabs around...

Did a show a couple years back in a small venue and used one Bose stick behind us for all of it.... Sounded great for the venue.... Shallow stage but wide... We could all hear...

Go somewhere and listen to all your options side by side...

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Update. Just received 2 of the TS312’s. Will use as mains and the TS212’s as monitors. Looking into the TS312s subs.

3. dlb1001

dlb1001

Jan 30, 2007
    Using the same speakers. I only bring 1 speaker to practice, though, since it is plenty loud. I run the vocals and my bass through it. Saves me having to lug an amp; I just bring a pedal board with a Sansamp DI.

4. My band used to have multiple cabinets, multiple subs, power amps amps in racks, EQs, compressors, etc. you know what? we got tired of hauling that stuff and it was always a pain tweaking and every component needed a little adjustment. Well, we sold all that stuff and purchased 2 QSC K12s and one QSC KW18 to replace it all. I contacted QSC and their engineers were very helpful in getting me up to speed on the gear and how to use it best for our situation (vocals/bass/guitar/drum 4 piece band). We run everything through the FOH (drums are electronic now were acoustic at first and we use no on stage amps for bass of guitar). A year later, we added another KW18. Been using this setup going on 5 years now and has been excellent. QSC give a clear consistent natural sound and the K12s work great with the KW18s.

IMO, bite the bullet make the expenditure.

mesaplayer83 likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021