1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

active or passive mode on EBS Multidrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by leffe luffer, Dec 26, 2006.

1. I recently got me an EBS Multidrive to use together with my GT6-B since the overdrives in the BOSS are weak.

I´m going to run my gear in this order:

OLPMM3(passive)-->GT6-B-->EBS Multicomp-->SVT450H

I´m wondering if I should use the EBS in passive or active mode?

Since the BOSS will be giving the EBS a stronger signal than what it would have recieved with just the bass I thought active would be better or am I wrong?

2. I'd start with that advice. It's not real specific, but it should work. Set it to passive.

I sometimes use that switch to get more/less gain out of the thing. When using an active bass and setting it to passive you get masses of extra gain. Opposite is true for using passive basses and setting it to active.

I'm concerned though with this statement;
    Normally we all seek to acheive unity gain throughout, in other words, what goes in (in terms of volume) is the same as what comes out.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Use what sounds the best. 9 times out of 10 it will be the passive position.