1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Active/Passive Wiring for Active P Bass Special

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by thegreatwent, Mar 31, 2009.

1. thegreatwent

thegreatwent

Mar 31, 2009
    Hello all.
    This is my first post in the forum and I'm hoping someone can help me.

My wife has a Fender Active P Bass Special, and I'm curious if anyone has any info. on Active/Passive wiring for this bass that uses a push/pull.

Are there any issues that anyone is aware of? Am I going to have to replace pots or change the values of pots? What controls will not function passively?

I was thinking of getting rid of the midrange boost/cut and putting in a passive tone control if the active electronics don't allow for passive use.

I was also considering putting volume controls on each pickup instead of having a blend knob and a master volume.

Also, are the pickups used on this bass going to work alright passively?

The bass pretty great, but it would be nice to have the option of using it actively or passively. I'm not a huge fan of active electronics and prefer the more organic sounds of passive pickups and my wife prefers the attack/feel of passive pickups over active electronics as well.

I searched the forum a bit and didn't come across anything...

Any help with this or links or wiring diagrams would be appreciated.

Thanks!