1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Active pickup buzz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kettch, Apr 6, 2009.

1. kettch

kettch

Jan 19, 2009
    Minnesota
    I've got a Carvin LB75W that I've had for a number of years now with both active and passive electronics. A couple of months ago flipping to active ended up with a little buzz...ever since, it has grown steadily worse (and even more noticeable with my new 400+ amp) and it is now a consistent level of annoying that won't go away. I popped the cover plate to take a look and all of the solder points look solid with no corrosion, deformity/shredding of cable or anything unusual. I've tried the amp in every jack in the house with and without a power conditioner to no avail. It sounds like a grounding issue somewhere but everything looks solid and all the foil is in perfect condition.

I've taken a few pictures (sorry for the blur in some of them, my good camera's CCD gave up the ghost a while back so all I have is my girlfriend's point and shoot)...the pics may not help, but it's my last resort before taking it to a shop.

Any ideas?

IMG_1414.
    IMG_1415.
    IMG_1416.
    IMG_1417.
    IMG_1418.
    IMG_1419.
    IMG_1420.
    IMG_1421.