Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Active Semour Duncan pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by maxoges, Aug 2, 2001.

1. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have Semour Duncan active P J pickups on my bass with three small EQ switches on each of them. I wonder if anyone has come in contact with this type of pickups. I haven't seen them on any bass ever!!!

2. jwymore

jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    These are a discontinued model pickup made by SD a few years back. I think they were SD's first shot at active PUP's.

I don't believe they were ever used as an OEM pickup. You still see them floating around on eBay once and a while. I have never heard anything bad about them ....

3. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    i just bought a p version of one of these p/u's for my yamaha 250 ive got to wire it in still but im looking forward to see how it sounds

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    They were called "Active EQ" pickups (makes sense). I've never tried a bass which had them, so I have no idea what they're like :confused: ;) I hope yours work out for you.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I've seen several basses with them installed and installed a J set in a bass years ago. The switches allowed for changes in the EQ or tone curve. It worked but I don't remember it being that remarkable.