1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Active Seymour Duncan P-J set from the 1980's with 3 dip switches; great sounding!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by lalo_garcia-maynez, Dec 3, 2016.

1. lalo_garcia-maynez

lalo_garcia-maynez Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Price:
    image.jpg image.jpg For sale I have an ACTIVE Seymour Duncan P-J type pair of pickups with 3 DIP switches. These were made in the mid 80's and sound superb! They have one of the best Slap sounds I have heard but they also work great for fingerstyle; these were used by Randy Coven and are still used by Melvin Davis and other top players; I have them on 5 of my basses including a 1978 Spector. (I included a picture of my Birch 1978 Spector bass so that you see how they looked installed -the bass is not for sale of course!).

Here is a video of Melvin Davis using them; check that Slap tone! It's the best slap tone I have heard (please note that on this video Melvin Davis is using the double J type, BUT I have them both and I can tell you that wheter they come in JJ type, PJ type or just P type, these pickups sound basically the same because they have the same internal preamp and 3 dip switches). They give you a Treble Edge that not even EMG pickups can give you!):

The 3 DIP switches really help to taylor your tone; these were I have heard that these pickups were quite expensive to produce by Seymour Duncan that first they took off one switch, and then later they took off ALL the switches; make NO mistake these pickups are much better in my opinion and experience than the newer BassLines or current Active Seymour Duncan pickups made.

$115 for the set (they are lightly used but in great shape!). Good Luck finding them somewhere else; they are VERY RARE and almost impossible to find (and with good reason!).

Price is very decent and includes insured shipping within the continental USA. Grab them quickly , you won't regret it.
    PayPal is ok!
    Questions ?
    Thanks
    Lalo Garcia

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  2. JOHNNY LONG

JOHNNY LONG

Aug 25, 2003
    RICHMOND,VA
    would you take $60

3. lalo_garcia-maynez

lalo_garcia-maynez Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2014
    SOLD!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021