1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Active westone pick ups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by clive shakedown, Apr 19, 2015.

1. clive shakedown

clive shakedown

Dec 6, 2013
    U.K.
    Hi everyone. I have a westone thunder 2 bass that is distorting intermittently.
    I would like to replace all the wiring but leave the pick ups in (the pups must be ok because the distortion is on both of them) what I need is a wiring diagram for 2 humbuckers, a pick up selector, 1 volume and 1 tone. BUT, I have 4 wires from each set of pups and I only need 2! How do I find out which ones I need?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

3. clive shakedown

clive shakedown

Dec 6, 2013
    U.K.
    Thanks for that Jazz, I never use the actives and use the active on /off switch as a mute. And for that reason I won't miss the active circuit anyway.
    And as this is an 33 year old bass the "chip " is a collection of resistors and stuff on a 2 square inch board!

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

There definitely is a chip, it is visible in the link I provided.

5. clive shakedown

clive shakedown

Dec 6, 2013
    U.K.
    I beg your pardon, there is a chip! although getting a new one after all this time will be impossible. But as I don't use the actives it can't be a faulty chip.