1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Active wiring advice required please!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Andybusby, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Andybusby

Andybusby

Sep 28, 2017
    Hi all, I’m new here and am hoping someone might be able to advise me with a wiring problem I have.

Hopefully this will be clear!

I have an infinity bass which has 2 humbuckers and active circuitry. They all appear to be Chinese made. The circuitry is a Mings 9020.

Basically I got the bass very cheap as the electronics are falling apart.

Problem one...
    I’m struggling to wire the circuit up correctly as I can’t seem to find a proper wiring diagram.
    I’ve found a couple and followed them as best I can but get no output. All connections seem good but without a decent diagram I’m a bit stuck.
    Can anyone assist please with the wiring (in simple terms as I’m no electronics genius!)

Problem two...
    In the hope of getting round the problem of the dodgy wiring, I hit eBay and purchased a similar 3 band active eq circuit. It was cheap so no massive expectations. Most of it is ore wired so even I should be able to connect it all up!
    When it’s plugged into the amp, all I get is a clicking sound. No other output. The solder joints look ok and the wires from the pickup seem to connected ok. (Again no wiring diagram!)
    The pickups have a red and white joined together. A yellow which I believe is the + and a black which seems to be - also a braid round them.

So.... if anyone can offer any advice with either of these I’d be most grateful! Thanks !

Attached Files:

2. Andybusby

Andybusby

Sep 28, 2017

3. Andybusby

Andybusby

Sep 28, 2017
    Any advice people please before I tear the last of my hair out!

4. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    http://www.allenedeninc.com/pictures/drawing/9020.GIF

You can buy that circuit brand new @ $20 or so on eBay. The pic is in the link I posted above.
    Hope you get it up and running
    No hair pulling
    Don't put a hole
    in your natural
    :cool:

EDIT: it sounds like you need to make sure of your pickup wiring. Do you have and know how to use a continuity meter? First determine the signal and ground wires from the pickup before connecting to preamp circuit. Some more pics would help.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017