1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Actress Sondra Locke R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Actress Sondra Locke R.I.P.

Academy Award nominee Sondra Locke died over a month ago on Nov. 3 at age 74, Variety reports, citing the Los Angeles County Public Health Department as confirming her death. According to Radar.com, which says it obtained the actress’s death certificate, Locke died from cardiac arrest due to breat and bone cancer. There has been no prior media coverage of her death, though earlier this week, filmmaker Sam Taylor-Johnson posted an Instagram story consisting of Locke’s film stills and the message "RIP Sondra Locke". Locke has reportedly been interred at Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park and Mortuary in Los Angeles.

570a6e7bb6d6371c351411971f269267.

2. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    California
    Willard! Aww, I loved her as a young boy and specially in Josey Wales. R.I.P.

Fretless1! likes this.
  3. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Sondra Locke lived with Clint Eastwood for a long time. She appeared in many of his most popular movies. Apparently it was a very toxic relationship.

Sondra Locke: a charismatic performer defined by a toxic relationship with Clint Eastwood

Sondra Locke was an actor, producer, director and talented singer. But it was her destiny to be linked forever with Clint Eastwood, whose partner she was from the mid-1970s to the late 1980s. She was a sexy, charismatic performer with a tough, lean look who starred alongside Eastwood in hit movies like The Outlaw Josey Wales, The Gauntlet, Every Which Way But Loose (in which she sang her own songs — also for the sequel Any Which Way You Can) and Bronco Billy. But the pair became trapped in one of the most notoriously toxic relationships in Hollywood history, an ugly, messy and abusive overlap of the personal and professional — a case of love gone sour and mentorship gone terribly wrong.

MJ5150 likes this.
  4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Wow...I just watched Every Which Way But Loose on Amazon Prime.

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I’ve had a crush on her since Every Which Way But Loose. Rest in peace, you deserve a break...

6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    RIP Sandra...

7. Hues

Hues

Nov 27, 2012
    see Burn Notice
    This is news to me....R.I.P.

She was and is,by far,the best thing in The Gauntlet.

pappabass likes this.
  8. RIP. Her and Clint made some great movies together