ADA Bassline XV

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bent23, Jan 11, 2001.

1. bent23

bent23 Guest

Jan 3, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    I posted a thread earlier in the week about the Hartke 210TP. Well, I decided not to purchase it. Instead I found an ADA Bassline XV cabinet on Ebay, it has 2 five inch tweeters and 2 ten inch woofers or low freq. drivers. The following is a portion of what the seller had to say about it "It's conservatively rated 250 watts RMS into 8 ohms . On the back, the jack panel has a tweeter defeat switch, an input, and both parallel and series outputs depending on how you want to hook up other speakers".

Now, the previous bidder retracted his bid as he claimed the cab was intended for biamping (or for use in a biamped configuration). I don't know if this is the case or not, however, if true--can I hook the ADA up to my Crate BX2115 Thunderbass? I see no indication of crossover selection on my Crate combo, but it is rated at 160w @ 8ohms and 220w @ 4 ohms. The four ohm rating led me to believe that I could use another cabinet in conjunction with it. Do I need to purchase an external crossover? If so, where do I acquire one and what should I look for?

Has anyone used this cab or had any experience with it? I know better than to purchase equipment I haven't played through, but the price was too enticing. I am very curious as to whether anyone here has heard an ADA Bassline XV.

I feel a bit lost here, so all opinions/feedback are more thatn welcome (in fact, encouraged)