Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ADA MB-1 Sound clips

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jmann, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    will somebody put up some sound clips of an ADA MB-1 Preamp? I would really like to hear what it can do because I'm thinking about getting one.

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    J,

Wish I could. Great sounding pre. I'll be selling mine with the B500 power amp & midi foot board very shortly. All mint condition & I'm the original owner from '91...

~S~

3. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    how much?

4. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    :eek: for all of it?

5. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...yep...want it?...

~S~

6. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    let me talk it over with my parents

7. 440Hz

440Hz

Nov 17, 2003
    Midwest
    I may be interested in this rig. I am not familiar with the B500, however; who makes it and what are the specs on it? Got any pictures of the rig?

Thanks.

8. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    My dad said maybe (not right now, but yes in a little while in my dads terms)

9. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    This is funny! It's not even the "sale" sect & it's turned into it! LOL!

Anyway, ADA made the pwr amp & it has 2 channels: hi & lo. The hi has 275W(195)& the low has 385W(105) @4ohms(8ohms), the low being for subs or full range & same explanation for hi's.

The pre has 2 12AX7's with a chorus & semi-parametric a compressor sect. It's tube & solid state(like a Mesa2000) & you can blend them how you like. Very nice pre with great sounds.

I have ALL the original manuals for both & the pre-set program chart too.

Figured I'd drop a line to my fellow TB'rs here on such an appropiate post before I put it on "the bay".

Hopefully tomm I can post some pics. I'm in the middle of moving from my house & I have to go to work now...

~S~

10. 440Hz

440Hz

Nov 17, 2003
    Midwest
    Is the MB1 noisy? I tried out an MP1 for guitar a few days ago and it had quite a lot of noise in it, which when cranked up through an amp would sound horrible.

Look forward to some pics if you can get 'em posted.

11. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Nope, no noise at all. Pics in a bit...

~S~

12. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
  13. Jmann

Jmann