1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ADA MP-1..distortion = wow

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Goregrind29, Sep 13, 2005.

1. So one of my friends who is a guitarist swears by his ADA MP-1 for its distortion capabilities. I decided to give it a try on my bass today and man was i impressed. It had that over done chainsaw-like distortion I have been searching for.
    So here is the situation, i am definitely going to get one, but i already have a head with tubes in it, which i love for regular distorion. I do not want to lose its distorted or clean tone. I would only use the ADA when extra or extreme distortion is needed. How would i bypass this preamp to use my normal head(Ashdown evo II abm 500) and than be able to switch it on when i needed it.
    I also have a rane dc 24 coming in the mail.. what do you think would be the best place in the signal chain for this. I will post some sound clips of the ADA mp-1 as soon as i can get to it.

2. No one knows? Somebody has too...

3. does the MP-1 have a bypass setting? what would happen if you put the FX loop of the ashdown and had it on bypass the whole time until you need it, then get a footswitch to switch it on...would that work?

4. just use it like an effects box. Looper pedal to true bypass it when not in use.