ADA MP-1..distortion = wow

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Goregrind29, Sep 13, 2005.

1. So one of my friends who is a guitarist swears by his ADA MP-1 for its distortion capabilities. I decided to give it a try on my bass today and man was i impressed. It had that over done chainsaw-like distortion I have been searching for.
    So here is the situation, i am definitely going to get one, but i already have a head with tubes in it, which i love for regular distorion. I do not want to lose its distorted or clean tone. I would only use the ADA when extra or extreme distortion is needed. How would i bypass this preamp to use my normal head(Ashdown evo II abm 500) and than be able to switch it on when i needed it.
    I also have a rane dc 24 coming in the mail.. what do you think would be the best place in the signal chain for this. I will post some sound clips of the ADA mp-1 as soon as i can get to it.
  2. No one knows? Somebody has too...
  3. does the MP-1 have a bypass setting? what would happen if you put the FX loop of the ashdown and had it on bypass the whole time until you need it, then get a footswitch to switch it on...would that work?
  4. just use it like an effects box. Looper pedal to true bypass it when not in use.