Adam Nitti at Atlanta Bass Gallery, 7/30

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BrewsterRooster, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I had the rare pleasure of bumping into a legendary bassist by accident yesterday. I had to be in Atlanta in the morning for an unrelated event, and went by the Bass Gallery after it was over. My main motivation was to hear a Bergantino B-Amp head in action. I got that satisfaction and more. I hadn't read the events section on ABG's website to realize that Adam Nitti was giving a seminar there, so my girlfriend and I walked (or quietly crept) in as he was launching into a discussion on soloing techniques. It was an intimate affair with probably 25-30 folks in attendance, great Q and A with demonstrations of everything being discussed, and he closed by playing a tune off his latest CD. I was happy to drop ten bucks on a copy of my own and spun it all the way home. It's aptly titled Not Of This World - mind-blowing and beautifully produced. When he was finished they drew tickets for a variety of giveaways including Aguilar T-shirts (won one!), string sets, string winders, and the grand prize was a new in-the-box Aguilar TLC compressor. The winner had a big ol' happy face on!

Anyhow, I just wanted to take a moment to plug ABG as the fantastic bass player's resource it is, and to thank them for continuing to coordinate great free seminars like this one. I know Adam has given seminars here for years, but this was my first personal experience with one. He is an eminently accessible, cogent guy with a real gift for clear delivery of information. As amazing of a bassist and all-around musician as he is, he seems to have a second gift as an excellent presenter. I brought home a headful of useful ideas that I can put into immediate action and step my own game up a notch...and all for free.

If you are in the area and haven't been to ABG, go. It's a bass player's cornucopia.

Were any other TBers there?

jmattbassplaya likes this.
  2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Tampa, FL.
    Wish I knew about it. I definitely would have gone.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  3. jmatt, go to Atlanta Bass Gallery and subscribe to our news letter. (bottom right) next clinic is in october. norm stockton.

k-dub
    ABG

4. jmatt, go to Atlanta Bass Gallery and subscribe to our news letter. (bottom right) next clinic is in october. norm stockton.

k-dub
    ABG

5. Norm Stockton? I'll be there with bells on! Thanks for the heads-up!