1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Adam Nitti at Atlanta Bass Gallery, 7/30

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BrewsterRooster, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I had the rare pleasure of bumping into a legendary bassist by accident yesterday. I had to be in Atlanta in the morning for an unrelated event, and went by the Bass Gallery after it was over. My main motivation was to hear a Bergantino B-Amp head in action. I got that satisfaction and more. I hadn't read the events section on ABG's website to realize that Adam Nitti was giving a seminar there, so my girlfriend and I walked (or quietly crept) in as he was launching into a discussion on soloing techniques. It was an intimate affair with probably 25-30 folks in attendance, great Q and A with demonstrations of everything being discussed, and he closed by playing a tune off his latest CD. I was happy to drop ten bucks on a copy of my own and spun it all the way home. It's aptly titled Not Of This World - mind-blowing and beautifully produced. When he was finished they drew tickets for a variety of giveaways including Aguilar T-shirts (won one!), string sets, string winders, and the grand prize was a new in-the-box Aguilar TLC compressor. The winner had a big ol' happy face on!

Anyhow, I just wanted to take a moment to plug ABG as the fantastic bass player's resource it is, and to thank them for continuing to coordinate great free seminars like this one. I know Adam has given seminars here for years, but this was my first personal experience with one. He is an eminently accessible, cogent guy with a real gift for clear delivery of information. As amazing of a bassist and all-around musician as he is, he seems to have a second gift as an excellent presenter. I brought home a headful of useful ideas that I can put into immediate action and step my own game up a notch...and all for free.

If you are in the area and haven't been to ABG, go. It's a bass player's cornucopia.

Were any other TBers there?

jmattbassplaya likes this.
  2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Tampa, FL.
    Wish I knew about it. I definitely would have gone.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  3. jmatt, go to Atlanta Bass Gallery and subscribe to our news letter. (bottom right) next clinic is in october. norm stockton.

k-dub
    ABG

4. jmatt, go to Atlanta Bass Gallery and subscribe to our news letter. (bottom right) next clinic is in october. norm stockton.

k-dub
    ABG

5. Norm Stockton? I'll be there with bells on! Thanks for the heads-up!