1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Adam Nitti lessons

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mulepods, Mar 29, 2006.

1. mulepods

mulepods Guest

Feb 20, 2006
    USA
    Adam Nitti was my instructor while he lived here in Atlanta. Now he's in Nashville. He is an incredible player and one of the nicest guys you will meet. Anyone else ever take lessons from him?

I know he's teaching online at MusicDojo.com now. Anybody ever try that out? I was thinking about trying it out, although the idea of doing bass lessons "virtually" seems funky.

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I think he's one of the top players in the world.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    He's in my top 10 bassists list.... nicest guy AND amazing chops and knowledge.

I've been talking to him quite a bit and really thinking about joining his online school.

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'd love to hear some of his stuff but his solo records are unavailable in England, at least everywhere I've looked!

it's harder than finding hellborg solo records!

5. mulepods

mulepods Guest

Feb 20, 2006
    USA
    Yeah, I wish I could have continued lessons with him. He is definitely big on proper technique. I had no idea how many bad habits I had taught myself!

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  7. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound Endorsing Artist: La Bella Strings
    Adam is just the player in my top 3 list!! A nice guy and freakin' great bass player! I wish I could study with him in person somedays.....:bawl:

8. I used to study w/Adam when I lived in the ATL. It is amazing the amount of knowledge. I was very impressed with his knowledge of harmony...in fact he was trying to teach me some stuff that I really couldn't 'hear'...but I guess thats what a great teacher does...push the envelope of what you know and can do. In addition we would have conversations all the time on everything from where to play wrt to the beat and the drummer (I think he calls this Spherical Time Theory), personality vs. chops when hiring musicians, touring, etc. He is about 10 years younger than me but boy, get a shovel Adam, 'cause there's no doubt that you can dig a hole and bury me ...

9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    great personal friend of mine... Wish he would move back to ATL!

10. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I've taken lessons on music dojo. His jazz improv is highly recommended.

11. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Put quite simply, He's one of the best there is anywhere!!!!

12. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    yup.

13. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    There are a ton of great players in the world, very few of whom can easily share their knowledge in a way that almost anyone can understand. Teaching is a skill unto itself, and Adam is a master teacher, on top of being a master musician, and one hell of a nice guy too. I've only ever seen a handfull of clinics, but Adam's was by far the most informative, and I had to leave in the middle of it to catch a plane. So I spent less than half the time with him than any other clinics I've seen, and learned twice as much in that time frame.

I wouldnt hesitate to take his classes, in person, online, or otherwise. I wish there were more people out there with his teaching ability, even if they couldnt match his playing ability, Id think it would be a boon to us all.

14. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I just bought a couple of his CD's... The song samples on his website are truely amazing. I am sure his stuff won;t leave my CD player for a LONG time...

Super nice guy too.

15. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    I've been thinking of taking some classes, how is it?

16. I enjoyed it. I did slap 1 and 2 with Ant Wellington. Where else can you get this caliber of instruction for $50!? And Anthony was very accesible through the bulletin board and would have you call him if you had "special needs".

Recommend. Of course, I'm going to try and grab a few hours from Ant when I'm down his way for a little car show. Nothing beats sitting in front of someone , one-on-one. But muscidojo is good.

17. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005