Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Adam Nitti

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lisa Weiss, Mar 27, 2001.

1. For all you guys in the Atlanta area that are Adam Nitti fans, He playing every Wednesday night at the Brandy House.

He's also playing a gig this weekend at Centennial Park with Angie Aparo. That one's a free thing put on by Star 94.

Just an FYI!

Lisa

2. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hi Lisa. Welcome to TalkBass!

I don't know who Mr. Nitti is. Plus Atlanta is a bit of a long drive. :D

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'd LOVE to see him perform live, I hope he'll get to play in Germany someday. Even the Flecktones have only played one single festival gig in Germany so far...
    Bummer!! :(

4. Lisa,
    Thanks for the heads-up on the Centennial Park gig this weekend! Nitti played every Wednesday in February at the Brandy House, and two Tuesdays and two Wednesdays this month, and I still haven't made it there!! The height of laziness.. plus, coming into work at 7am is killing me.
    Sean.. check out Nitti's Web site at http://www.adamnitti.com
    Nitti is the head of the bass department at Atlanta Institute of Music and a leading Atlanta session player. He tours with various artists and also as a clinician for SWR. He's got two solo albums out and has been written up in Bass Player magazine several times, most recently March '99.
    JMX.. I've seen him live, at a Victor Wooten solo show. Vic pulled him up on stage. Most of the crowd didn't know who he was, but after about two minutes, everyone's jaws were on the floor!

5. I haven't gotten to see him live yet either....other than in lessons. :D He's an incredible teacher!

Since the grandkids came to live with me, I can't get out anymore! I'm hoping to catch the Centennial Park thing this weekend, since I can probably tote them along.

Lisa

6. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Yeah, he's from out here in my neck of the woods. Four words: in-cred-i-ble!

7. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    Nitti got skillz! he a mad dawg

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Last night at this club called Apache, there was this bassist there that had EVERYONE trippin'! Especially the other bass players. I mean this guy was killing even when he was just grooving. I was blown away by his tone. He did a REALLY cool solo without going into higher end. So, he gets off the stage, and of course everyone his giving him his props, so I go up to him, ask him his name, and he goes, "Woodchuck! It's me Adam. I got a haircut" :D Yes, I felt VERY stupid! When the other lowenders heard him being introduced, they got this "What?!" expression on their faces. From now on Adam, you are not allowed to get a haircut without my written authorization!:D BTW, they way he says "Hi" to the TB'ers, and that he'll be posting more often. He got a kick out the the Ken Smith Horror Stories thread.

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Let it be known..."friends don't let friends get haircuts." :D

I hope Adam stops by more often! It's nice to have more nice and knowledgeable people around here, pro or not! Good stuff.

10. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Back before Adam became a big name in the bass world, he was playing in a band called Beehive. Great funk band, but he pretty much had to stick to the low-end groove (which was cool with me!). Never failed...some local bass player would sidle up to me and say "I heard a lot about this guy, but he don't impress me that much..." and walk off. I'd always look for that guy in the crowd when Adam would rip off some sick stuff between songs or a solo spot and get a good laugh at the guy's expression.

Really, though...I've always been impressed at Adam's willingness to just groove when it's needed (knowing what he's otherwise capable of). There are other "virtuoso" bassist that just can't seem to bring themselves to do that.

11. hmjuice

hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    I had a chance to witness the magic while I was in the Atl visiting a friend. One of the most down to earth people you'll ever meet. Go to his web site and buy his new cd, it'll make scratch your head a few times. :confused:

12. Yeah...I like the new do! He's a really great guy, and an incredible teacher. The new CD is kicking too! Definitely grab a copy.

Lisa

13. adamnitti

adamnitti

Nov 29, 2001
    hey!!!! my ears were burning....

woodchuck, you crack me up! it was great to see you at the 'poetry gig'!

you readers are so kind. thanks for helping to spread the word. i really depend on you guys (and girls, lisa!)!!! :D

we're currently routing some dates for bass clinics in march and april along the east coast. hope to meet some of you in person!

take care and god bless-
    adam

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    sounds great! i'm trying to schedule some leave dates right now, and it looks like i'm going to be back home in south carolina/georgia sometime in april. i look forward to maybe attending some of those dates. and i love the new album. good stuff

15. Any Atlanta TB-ers (or non) ever heard of Adam Nitti? This guy is incredible! It's amazing he hasn't become more famous for his talents as a bass player. This guy blows Vic Wooten out of the water!...well, actually, they do a track together on Nitti's CD. :D All I can say is it's awesome.

16. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

He's nowhere near as good as Adam Nitti :D

17. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    you beat me to it hee hee

18. LOL:p

btw I haven't listened to anything of him...
    Does anyone recomend something from him in special?

19. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Hey! when you get a chance you should check out Nitti Adam :)

20. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    LOL!:D You guys are RUTHLESS......as it should be.;)