Adam or Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reggie hall, Apr 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    Hello guys have a quick question, I recently returned my hartke hd410, amazing cab loud and clear but lacks a little in the low end department... I been offered a Eden 212xlt for 250$ I never played one so do any of u have any experience with one??? Is it loud enough as a stand alone???? Does it have good low end??? I also been looking at a acoustic bn410 or acoustic bn115/bn210 or just grab a used fender rumble 410 for about 300$???? I don't know which would be best for me, I play gospel music jazz and a little r&b

2. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    For 250 bucks I would jump on the eden....as long as the drivers are in good shape

reggie hall likes this.
  3. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    U think its loud enough to be a standalone? Im use to 410

4. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    I am sorry, but I cannot answer that question
    I believe they only came in an 8ohm version
    212 will not be as loud as a 410....but for your style, I would think it would be enough

My comments are not from owning one....but from a long time Eden user ....and Scott Maladrones review in Bassplayer when they came out...We seem to like the same gear and his reviews got me into Eden gear....back in the 90's

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    reggie hall likes this.
  5. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Personally I would not buy any newer Acoustic cab....Eden WAS much higher quality

and I switched from Hartke XL cabs to Eden and never looked back

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    reggie hall likes this.
  6. moogieotter

moogieotter Custom Title

Jun 16, 2009
    Duluth, GA
    Eden 212 XLTs are amazing. Buy at $250 play for a year and sell $350.

murphy likes this.
  7. lpbfender

lpbfender Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Stamford CT
    Check for creased drivers.

agedhorse and murphy like this.
  8. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    Had one for years. Loved it. Killer cab.

murphy likes this.
  9. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    I had a D212XLT-4 (4 ohms) for several years. Used it with a D410XLT-4 and a pair of WT-400 amps for loud outdoor gigs. I did use it by itself a few times and liked it, but preferred the 4x10 better. Both had similar bottom and clarity , but the voicing of the mids was different, the 2x12 being more upper-mid focused, verging on nasal or honky at times. It was awesome using the Precision with flats, and the fretless PJ. The Laklands and StingRay worked better for me with the 410.

reggie hall likes this.
  10. BigBatch

BigBatch

Jan 1, 2017
    I picked up an Eden 410xlt about a month ago, and it’s an awesome cabinet. And it was made in the USA! You don’t see that much anymore.

murphy and reggie hall like this.
  11. Blaze Barlow

Blaze Barlow

Mar 8, 2018
    Nashville
    I am using ampeg 4x10 cabs..but this Peavey 212 might just be the thing for you..priced right...lots of low end..two screws will take the Peavey logo off the speaker grill..and this is new with a warranty..Peavey PVH 212 - 2x12" 900W Bass Cabinet

reggie hall likes this.
  12. Slade N

Slade N

May 28, 2005
    portland, or
    thats a great cab, it has forward mids that puts you out of the mud but can sometimes need to be tamed to taste. get it and take time to experiment

please note: I misread the orig post to be about the eden 210xlt. my error

the 212xlt is rounder and bigger sounding than the 210xlt, less forward on the mids but far from being a mush box. to my ear its a very good balance of old school and modern. its also lighter than my 210xlt 4ohm and is easier to move around. the 212xlt is my favorite cab so far

reggie hall likes this.
  13. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    Eden 212xlt?

murphy likes this.
  14. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    My Eden D-410XLT was the best cab I have ever owned
    I replaced with my Epifani UL410 S2 because I no longer wanted a 100lb 410

15. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    I pulled the trigger on a Carvin Brx 10.4 all I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!! The low end is massive and I only paid 200

murphy likes this.
  16. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    Ampeg pf500,fender rumble 500 amp head, which would be better for me with the cabinet I have now I could even go hartke lh1000 but not sure I need 1000w even though the cab can handle 1200w, I really like the weight of the class D amps and the headphone input and aux input, the hartke doesn't have neither

17. reggie hall

reggie hall

Oct 16, 2015
    florida
    Well I went with the bugera bv1001m for 399, it has alot of good reviews and lots of power and features I wanted, once I get it will do a review of it matched with the Carvin brx 10.4 neo cab

18. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    cool...enjoy your new rig

reggie hall likes this.
  19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021