Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Adam Yauch - good bassist (for a rapper)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    hey how are you all!
    well just to change things up, what do you think of him?

I think he´s pretty good because i have an instrumental EP from the beasties and it´s full of double and electric bass.

also his playing with pick like in sabotage and most of the punk stuff its very good.

keep in mind he´s a rapper (how many of the actually play bass?)

ok, bye!

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    oh i forgot:
    I love his line in the instrumental track "POW"

:)

3. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    man, good thinking. i haven't listened to the beasties in a while. i do love ad-rocks style on bass. i have to go change out my cd player now. later

4. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Adam Yauch is one of my favorite bassists. My band is playing "Sabotage" at our next show, and I love playing that song. Sure, it's not that hard, but it sounds cool.

I really like the punk stuff that the Beasties put out, especially the entire Aglio E Olio EP. The last track ("I want some") is my favorite.

5. bste9

bste9

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    I have to add my 2 cents here just cause im a huge fan of the boys, just look at my name. anyway, i think yauch is pretty good especially on the instrumentals like sabrosa and pow. and like somebody said, sabotage is easy as hell to play, but it sounds great, thats all the matters.