Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Turd, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Turd

Jul 23, 2002
    Ann Arbor MI
    howdy everybody,
    I've been downloading all of these crazy plugin's for Sound forge and cubase vst/32. I'd really like to use my computer as my mastering device seeing how i have a burner and all of this wonderfull software.The only problem is that i need to get my adat master's onto the computer.In my opinion, going down to 1/8 inch plug and into my soundblaster soundcard just cant cut the cheese as far as quality goes.I'm wondering what is the best way for me to go, like what soundcard is the best and cheapest way for me to go.I see other cards out there that say "optical toslink" connections, but im not sure if that supports the adat lightpipe interface. Any help on this would be much appreciated!

2. There's a card called the ADAT/Edit card that is made specifically for the purpose you describe. I've got one that I will sell to you if you are interested. It is installed on my computer, but is in fine condition and was rarely used.
    if you're interested, contact me at
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Adat Edit works very well, but BEWARE! It will not work on any version of windows newer than 98SE. Not on 2000, not on ME, and certainly not on xp. I have an older (P2/450) computer with 98SE on it, and I download optically, eight channels at a time, onto that. Then I transfer the downloaded files over to my newer, faster machine (P4/1.3) by CD.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  5. Turd

Jul 23, 2002
    Ann Arbor MI
    thanks guy's, you've been a big help. I'm not sure what I'd like to do just yet, but i have more options now....