1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Add a 1x10 to a 2x10 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by El_Tate, May 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys, i've looked on the FAQ thread but i couldn't find this exact question.
    I've a TC BH250 with an Ashdown MAG-210T cab 200w w/tweeter (8 ohm). I know that this config gives me about 125w output from the amp.

Now, the question is... would be good add up another 1x10 8ohm (like another ashdown 110t or even an Eden 110EX) to get the full 250w and more volume? Or the uneven power distribution will cause some issues on the cabs or the amp?
    Futhermore, another 2x10 will be a better option?
    I don't like the idea to mix drivers after reading the posts here.

I mostly play blues, a bit of classical rock, i like to play jazz and funk mainly.

Thanks for the tips.

2. No. To get even power distribution you’d need to add a 16Ω 1x10. Better would be to add a second 8Ω MAG-210T wired in parallel and stacked so the cones are in one vertical line.

3. Ok, so the best pair to that will be a 8ohm 2x10? Linked in parallel. The MAG-210t here is a bit hard to get, the Eden 210XLT (and XST) is on the stores now (you know... due import issues on this country)
    Another thing to get in the account, is the future upgrade to the amp. Maybe an eden 500w or a tone hammer 350 if needed. So i can keep the cabs with the new amp.

Thanks

4. strictlybass_ic

strictlybass_ic Mediocrity is a journey

Jan 9, 2014
    Northern Indiana
    "full 250 watts" won't really make a noticeable difference. Adding more speakers to spread the power around will make a much more noticeable difference. If it were me (and I was happy with the cab I already had) I would do my best to get another identical cab and pair them up.

Lobster11 and El_Tate like this.
  5. Ok, i'll consider add another 2x10 only. Get an ashdown if it's available.

The other option, is sell this 2x10 and get 2x112 or a 212 and then another one. But that's too much weight to carry

Thanks, both

6. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Yeah. I've seen folks in the Barefaced threads using a 4ohm 210 and 8ohm 110 with a 2.67ohm stable head to get even power distribution to a "310" vertical stack. I think you got the right advice and plan.

El_Tate likes this.

7. Adding a second non identical cabinet ends in a crapshoot. If you like what a cabinet is doing for you but need more a second identical cabinet will give you more of what you like.

El_Tate and Lobster11 like this.