Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Add a EA CxL 112 or NL-210...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ShantiCat, Mar 12, 2006.

1. ShantiCat

ShantiCat Supporting Member

...to my iAMP 800 and one CxL112. Just had a practice today with this and I had to really crank it to try to get it past the guitarist's full Carvin stack ( I typically wear noise canceling headphones but not today). So it is time to add on. I play NWOBHM so I like thumping chest pounding bass but I also have to think of the future when I play nice music ;) Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

2. Check this thread. Some good info here.

OR you could sell me your 800 for dirt cheap....Just a thought.:D

3. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
  4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    + 1 like gangbusters

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

I love my 2x10

Rob

6. ShantiCat

Sell? I was going to give it to you so thanks for the offer of buying it. ;)
    As for the thread link, I cannot believe I missed that one, lot of good info and it really solidifies what might work best for me. Thanks

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'd opt for the NL-210.

Tom.

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  9. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    How far are you from TB own Jong Lee store? He may have one in stock. Sorry if its too far. My geography is not very good.

10. ShantiCat

My rehearsal space is less than a mile away from Jive Sound and that is where I bought my 800 from. I did try a NL-210 with a CxL112 and it really did not curl my toes. Then again I tried a Thunderfunk with the EPI 310 UL and found it sounded sterile...my senses must have been off that day. Then again how it sounds in the showroom is nothing like real life.

BTW your geography should be great as you are Canadian!

11. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Instrument Technician, Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    I have played the NL210 with the CXL112. You are right - showroom and real world experience are two different things. I was not convinced about the NL210 until I gigged with it. Then it all made sense - I call it "print-through".

BTW, if you are still looking, Club Bass has a great deal on an NL210 at the moment. Check out the Specials/Pre-owned section at www.clubbass.ca. They ship world-wide.

12. ShantiCat

Thanks, that is good to know of your experience and that Club Bass has one. I bought my Ken Lawrence from Dave back when I lived in Canada. As for the NL210, I have decided that I want a 4 ohm in case I use it without the CxL 112 so that I can get enough volume out of it.