Add handle to bottom of Ampeg 810?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eric Moesle, May 18, 2012.

1. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I want to add a handle to the bottom of my Ampeg 810 cab for the occassional "stairway assist" at gigs, and I'm curious if others have done it and what type of handle they used.

I don't want to cut into the wood to add a recessed handle. Surface mount options MIGHT be too tall and interfere with the cab's stability, exceeding the height of the rubber feet and rear wheels.

I'm considering either a vinyl "combo" style handle, or a spring loaded non-recessed metal handle...... but they seem dangerously close to the height of the rubber feet. What have others used?

2. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    My Mesa PH810 has a pair of spring loaded handles on the bottom, and they do come in handy on occasion... Most of those handles *should* have a rubber covered handle, which will usually stick out about the same as a good sized rubber foot...

- georgestrings

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I think those old school SVT strap handles that fliptops.net sells would clear the feet. I remember those feet as being pretty big. If they're not, you could also update the feet.

4. p-lo

p-lo

Jun 18, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021