1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Added an Avatar 210 Delta to my setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amos, Feb 24, 2008.

1. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    So I decided to buy a speakon to 1/4" cable and try out an Avatar 210 delta (non-neo) to my setup as is before I went out and bought a QSC PLX2 1804 to replace my QSC PLX 1602. Turns out the PLX has plenty of power in parallel mono, and the 50 Hz HPF works great for the 210. I run the power amp gain dimed for the two Aggie GS112s, and I run the gain at 2/3 (26dB) for the Avatar 210. I was a little frusted at first because it took me a good half hour of screwing with it before I remembered to switch the DIP switches from stereo to parallel input.

I gotta say this is the best thing I have ever done. I am using the cab on loan from a very good friend of mine, but since he has no use for it, it's basically mine, I just gotta pay him for it when I have the funds. The tweeter does not work but I could care less as I use only a tiny bit of tweeter on one of my GS112s. Everyone in the band can feel the bass so much better, therefore everyone plays better. I can stasnd wherever I want in the practice room because it's much easier to compete with my guitarist's hiwatt/orange 4x12stack. For anyone considering An Aguilar GS cab with 12s for rock, I recommend they combine them with a 210 cab. Deep AND punchy. You'll never look back. the GS112s stack stand on its own for many styles of music, but I really think adding a pair of 10s to a pair of Aguilar 12s makes a huge difference.

my two cents.

-Amos

PS Pics soon!

2. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I agree 100%. Look at my sig. I will play only w/ my 210, or the 212 w/ the 210. I really dont care for the 212 by itself.

3. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Yeah I mean it depends on the 212 maybe to some degree, but a 212 alone is lacking if you are playing rock music.

4. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Furman PL-Plus
    BBE Bmax-T
    QSC PLX 1602

2290915230_ccfe963c38.