Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Added Bassballs to the board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sako, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Just got a new USA Bassballs for $55 -- oh man am I in love with this pedal. I tried the Russian version in a store and liked it a lot. Found the USA in the outlet, and couldn't pass it up. I've only given it at-home testing, no band situation yet, but this thing is fantastic.

So far I've found many usable setting from subtle to extreme. I've also tried it with my Danelectro Cool Cat and DOD 250. The Cool Cat, set for subtle chorus is a nice complement. The 250 gives it an incredibly warm, creamy, yet intense complement to the fuzz switch. I was thinking about selling the DOD, but not now.

I can't say that I like this more than my Q-tron because it is a different animal, but I definitely like the simplicity more.

Anyone looking for an inexpensive, funky box, check it out!

2. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    I just got one too (Russian model). One sound I like sounds as if the bass is being played through a voice box- very cool.

The one I got has a 3PDT switch, which means it bypasses properly. The pedal is a great value.

Jeff

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I have both the Russian and USA models on my board.

They have very different sounds, and I loe them both..

Running both at the same time ALMOS does a crazy synth voicing.

While I don't use them all the time, I use them in about 70% of the stuff I play for color and texture.. :hyper:

4. I love my bassballs pedal, I went crazy and got 4 or 5 pedals a while back, and havent been using them recently. The only one that has gotten any gig time in the past several months is the q tron. I really wish I could find some way to combat the non-true bypass of some of my pedals. I definately love the bassballs though and plan to start using it again.

5. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i have a russian bassballs which i also really like. i also used to use it in conjunciton with the DOD 250 and that really made it shriek and max out which sounds amazing. great pedal!

6. I have russian bassballs too. It`s really good sounding with EBS octaver...very synth-like.
    Have you noticed trim pots inside of the pedal yet? Makes it more versatile. :bassist:

7. where are the pts, what are they for? i also have a russian model

8. Open the box and you will find two small trim pots. Haven`t tweaked em for years but I guess one was for sensitivity. Can not remember anymore. Try them and tell me ;)