Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Addicted to e-Bay..but I'm Scoring (I Hope)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peabody, May 29, 2005.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I sold a bass a week or two ago and because I have a little money, I've been spending a lot of time on e-Bay looking for some deals. I've either scored a couple of great deals, or I've spent a lot of money for nothing...I guess I'll find out next week.
    1. I found a '73 Rickenbacker 4001 that appears to be in very good condition. It looks like the pots, pickup switch and one pick up have been replaced, but they were all replaced with genuine Ric parts...and it comes with the original case. I was able to pick that up for $865.
    2. I'm still not sure about this one yet (since I was the only bidder), but I got an all original '77 Fender Precision that also appears to be in halfway decent shape. The kicker on this one is that it appears to be an "A" neck, which wasn't listed in the the auction. After looking at the picture in the auction I e-mailed the lister and asked him to measure the nut...he stated it was 1.5". I'm a little more hesitant on this one, but it could prove to be a diamond in the rough (I picked it up for $700).

The only problem is my wife has me on a 2 bass limit and by the end of next week I'll be at 4. "I couldn't help it Honey, they followed me home!"

2. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    Beware of the 'Dark force' in the bay

3. Quite true, at one point or another i think a large number of us have become addicted to that thing called e-bay. Good luck with this one, its a hard addiction to overcome! ;)

4. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I like Ebay, as long as I buy what I need as opposed to what I want.......most of the time :eyebrow: