Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Addicted to Modulus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rojo412, Mar 16, 2002.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Hi... My name is Adam and I'm a Modulus addict. I just purchased my third Modulus in less than 1 years time (first I got Apr 20, 2001, a Q6... second before x-mas, a VJ4 that I upgraded to EMGs... third today but sold the first to get it).

I am trying to even ponder the thought of ever getting another bass beside Modulus, but I don't think I'll ever be able to. They are the greatest basses in the world (for my money at least).

The one I got today is incredible. It's a '95, it looks maroon. Look closer and you see blue underneath. When I took pictures on my computer, it looked like "white-under-a-blacklight" colored.
    EMGs...
    5 string...
    :D

I Love Moduli.

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    that may be the modulus i owned :D

cuz i had the same exact one that you mentioned by i sold it to some dude..... i forgot who.. lol but i personally didn't like the sound at all compared to the Zon :p

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey Adam, me too. How 'bout posting pics of those Moduli? I only own one '99 Q6 but it's about all I take to gigs these days. Bubinga top, granadillo board, Barts. Man, it really sings.

4. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Hi... I'm G, and I too am a Modulus addict. It all started with a 2001 Quantum 6 with Bartolini pickups and three band electronics, granadillo fretboard, quilted maple top. I thought I could handle the pressure, you know. Everything was moving so fast. The next thing I know, I have a 2002 Genesis 5 with Bartolini soapbars and 3 band electronics. Granadillo fretboard, spalted maple top. Is there something wrong with me?

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Welcome to MA,Modulus Anonymous.

:D

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, I only have one so far (Q5, 5A flame tran. sienna top, alder body, Bart pups with 18v NTMB pre). But I am quickly becoming addicted to it. I am already trying to put the cash together for a Flea 4 string now.

7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Nah, yours was what...a 91? And it was green, which is definitely not the red over blue finish (which, I might add, is one of my favorites).

I love Modulus basses! I'm definitely going to own a Q6 someday. Who knows...maybe even a Genesis. Killer basses, but there is so much out there that I don't know if I can claim full loyalty anymore! :eek:

8. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Traitor!!!!!:p

9. I'm saving up for a Q6 right now. I played it today.......ahhhh!! So beautiful!!!

10. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
  11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    But still green.

Ryan...yes, i know! :oops:

12. Hey, I'm hoping to be addicted to Modulus!! You see I love 34 inch scale 5 string basses (comfort factor) and IMO the Modulus Flea 5 has a B string that beats any other! Can't wait for eViL cAkE's review of his soon to arrive Flea J5 so I can make my decision! MMMMModulus! Incredible!

13. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Oh MAN!!! God is testing me!!!

I work at GC, as some of you know. A guy comes in with a Q5, Bubinga Top and EMGs. He sells it to us cheap. and I get a discount!!!

:eek:

My bank may hate me very much soon...

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    A friend of mine has a Teal Q5 for sale:)

15. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Is it still there? I just got the Sadowsky, but one can't have too many Q5s.

can they?

16. Man...I would sell every bass except the warmoth and the fretless and put it twoards a Q5. Jeeez those things seem like they'd be perfect for me. Only bass that I can say that I was totally impressed with.

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

18. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I used my Modulus on the last 3 tracks of our new demo CD. It sounds totally killer.
    I used my Cirrus 5 on the first 3 tracks, and I thought it sounded great. But the Modulus sounded perfect. Not that I no longer like my Cirrus, I have just found "my" tone more in the Modulus. I need another.

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    A Modulus Q5 in black cherry is still somthing that makes me drool uncontrollably. And the Q4's are some of the only 4's I'd bother owning.

20. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I just wish Moduli didn't have such dinky bodies.