1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Addicted to TB classifieds

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jordan S., Aug 2, 2012.

1. Jordan S.

Jordan S.

Mar 25, 2012
    NSW, Australia
    Blacksheep Effects Pedals
    I have a confession to make... I think that I might be overly attached to the effects section of the TB classifieds. I can't go more than 2 hours without checking to see what has been listed. Even if I don't have any money, I STILL look. It's ridiculous, I can't help it. I know some might see this as an unhealthy practice but I'm not going to stop, and you can't make me.

2. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Moved to misc.

And yes... I have this problem too.

3. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
    Hehe this is how I feel too, except with whole classifieds section. It's really, really bad. But I don't care, I live this place. It's like I'm Charlie and TB is my chocolate factory. Anything I could think of and more is here. Except for that sweet elevator...

4. BelleNoireBass

BelleNoireBass

Apr 18, 2012
    Bay Area
    I'm somewhat the same way, except it's with the $2k+ basses in the classifieds that I know I'll never in a million years be able to afford.

5. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I'm pretty sure we could start a TB Classifieds Addicts club.

6. Bradass

Bradass

Oct 17, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    It would quickly grow to be the largest club on TB...

7. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
    That club already exists. It's called talkbass

8. Jordan S.

Jordan S.

Mar 25, 2012
    NSW, Australia
    ^^^ lol, so true.

9. You're not the only one

10. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I used to be that way, but after going through so much stuff I just grew out of it and now am satisfied with what I have. Don't know why of the sudden change.

11. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Don't worry it gets worse.

12. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    +1. There aren't too many things listed here or elsewhere in ireland, but online classified and stores (esp. thomann for me - with their good recordings and 3d views...)

GAS GAS GAS. I have massive GAS for a Hofner club and a Squire VM jazz 5er... But I'm getting a rig right now and can't afford it.

Luckily my Modern Player Telebass is breaking my chromes in nicely. Never would have thought flats could sound so.... metal! in the good aggressive sense, not the scooped clangy sense - but they can do that too with a little EQ. Hey that rhymes! :D

Back on topic: Some amazing gear on these classifieds... If I were in the US or Canada it'd be a lot harder to walk away... even with money making the decision in advance. :crying:

13. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    I've heard it can come back... :bag:

Good for you - Wait a second... you're gear's high quality may be part of it...
    But I think your experience means the 'kid in a candy store' effect is less likely. I know I get that way sometimes.... :hyper::hyper::hyper:

14. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    I think the worst is when i get a big payday or i finally save up for something. Thats when looking through classifieds is horrible...because now i can buy that wah pedal i dont really need or maybe try out that P/J 4 stringer...then again I have always wanted to try some markbass stuff......AHH!

15. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Exactly where I am now. I've set a fair bit aside for a rig (Barefaced compact and GK fusion :D).

I'll be fairly broke for a bit - but I have my heart set on it.

Doesn't stop the GAS though! (I reeeeally want a VM jazz 5er)

16. Bisounourse

Bisounourse

Jun 21, 2012
    Gent, Belgium
    +1
    Then again, the classifieds make me cry sometimes: good basses/gear for less money than here but the shipping costs will always kill me...

17. Jordan S.

Jordan S.

Mar 25, 2012
    NSW, Australia
    ^^yeah, I know how you feel. Shipping to australia is rediculous!

18. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    So true. But I have an advantage with Barefaced cabs... they are fairly cheap to move in europe.

But the N. American mainland has more fEARful and BFM type builders . . .

19. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Need to update the list. I sold off the Lull to pay for my child's preschool. The GK is gone in favor of a Genz Benz. I've been playing guitar and keyboard lately. The keyboard I picked up for $50 and the guitar for $180 at GC. The Warwick is so unique that I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. The Spector I got as Amazon sold them for cheap and bought the updated electronics used on TB.

20. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    It DOES never end... LOL! :D

I'll be happy as long as I can satisfy my GAS needs occasionally. Even if it is only a strap and some new strings :p