1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Addicting game...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ray Holt, Apr 21, 2006.

1. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Addicting for sure. I made it to round 7 on the first try.

We'll see how far I can get when I go to work tomorrow morning. :ninja:

AuG

2. I got too level 7 and perished....fast

3. I'm to the point where I can beat most levels without the computer touching it... which is very, very sad. *edit* just scored on level 9 for the first time. This is sad. I'm playing guitar.

4. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Level 8 first try...then it cut me off...I used to play this in Grade 11, and yes, it is very fun. Not addicting though.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I normally appreciate the "addicting game" threads that pop up around here every so often. Not this one though. Boring.

-Mike

6. You know you're right, I think it's better to call it a fun game, not exactly addicting.

Sorry to disappoint you Mike

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It's quite alright. Just find something better for me to play, and I'll forgive you. :D

-Mike

8. Yeah, I remember playing this a few years ago. Might have been on Drgongamez or eBaum's.

I agree, fun, but not addicting.

9. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Tanks is alright. Tactical Assassin is ok, but whoever created it can't type for crap.

The games at that site aren't bad seeing as they're free. :)

AuG

10. Perhaps we could call it an 'addictive' game? As that's the correct word 'n all...

11. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
  12. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    I had to stop playing this. The music was nauseating. Fun game, but I think it would be better if, say, a giant rolled-up newspaper whacked the pups when they didn't jump over a ball. But then, I'm a little sick in the head :D

13. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005

I had it on mute. :D

14. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Indeed. What is addicting? Is it an accepted word in america? I've seen it a few times on here and asked about this...

:confused:

15. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005

People over here think "addicting" is a word. :scowl:

16. I suppose it's the present participle of 'to addict' though I'm struggling to think of a context. I guess it would be transitive:
    "Drug dealers are giving out samples to young children with the aim of addicting them to the product..." but even that doesn't sound right.

Hmmmm...

17. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I don't think "addicting" can be used anywhere in the English language. As far as I've seen, people think the word "addictive" is actually "addicting".

It's almost as annoying as when people say "excape" or "expresso".

18. Hm... well that's odd. I'm no expert with grammar, but I've never thought that addicting WASN'T a word... I've never even heard that before. Interesting. It's used all the time in the US... on commercials talking about smoking and all kinds of stuff like that.