Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Adding a 15 or a 18????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JustOpenYourMind, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Hi all my setup is a svt 4 through a 6x10 cab my rehearsal tone or live tone when using a P.A. is really great (to me anyway :smug: )
    However My band sometimes do unmiked shows where our amps must do all the job... and in some rooms my tone can get a little too middy .

so I thought about adding a cab spcificaly to add lows...

My question is :

Would a 18 be a better choice over a 15 or vice versa?

I'm calling upon your live experiences since I canno't really judge the result without playing live...

thanks in advance

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I think one of these might help alot. They toss the lows out there like you wouldn't believe!!!
    [​IMG]
    Or a Schroeder 310212 might help as well, while weighing alot less, but costing alot more.

3. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    If your running your head bridged, then I dont know how you will add any cabinets without an additional power source.

I would overhaul your cabinet section, even though you seem to be very happy with the performance of your 610. Maybe a 410+115 setup would work for you... or possibly something all in one cab, like a 412 or Mesa Powerhouse1000.

You could always go with Schroeder... it would be hard to imagine disappointment with them.

If I was in your spot, I'd look to
    Mesa 1000
    Mesa 412
    Aguilar 412
    Schroeder 21012
    or possibly
    Schroeder 310212

However, the brands you could turn to are just absolutely endless if your commited to making the perfect choice.