Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Adding a 410 or 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bas_anton, Jun 23, 2002.

1. I have a Hartke rig with a 3500 head and a 410XL cab. I wonder how the sound will change if I ad a 410 or a 115 cab. I want more bottom to my sound. I have pretty much treble on my eq. The bass i´m using is a Fender Jazz (marcus miller signature) I have read some of your thoughts on the 3500. And I am surprised that so many of you don´t like it. I think it´s good amp but the compressor i useless.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I owned a 3500, and I liked it a lot. I sold it to our sound man, so I still get to play it now and then. It's an excellent amp. It's gotta sound great through that 410XL, too. My 3500 was in an 1155 combo, which had a 15-inch and a five-inch speaker in it. It sounds excellent.

My experience is that the Hartke 15's are a bit brighter than most, so getting a 115 shouldn't add mush, but will round out the punchy tone of the 410. Another 410 will give you more volume and even more punchiness, so you have to decide what sound you're going for. If it were me, I think I'd go with an aluminum 115, even though I'm not a big 15-inch fan. really, you can't go wrong either way.

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    if you are gonna think about a hartke 15 go with the xl. I have heard nothing but bad things about the hartke transporter 15's. I have a hartke transporter 4x10 and i love it, but i guess the 15's blow.

4. Absolutely go with the 4x10.