Adding a cab onto a 4X10 rig... 1 X 12????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muckaluck, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Muckaluck

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario

I'm looking into getting another cab for my setup. I have a Genz Benz head going to a SWR Goliath (4 X10). The only thing is it has to be able to fit in my small car. I've been eyeing up the 1 X 12 cabs because of the portability, Euphonic Audio's CXL-112, some Genz Benz stuff and others.

I'm trying to achieve that bass sound you hear on deep smooth house tracks and the 4 X 10 acomplishes it well. It would just be nice to have that other speaker there to pick up the bottom end of my 5 string Lakland and round out the sound.

Anyone out there use a 4 X 10 and a 1 X 12 combo? Any recommendations on 1 X 12 cabs?

2. I'm interested in this also.As far as 1x12's go... aguilar is popular, eden would be my choice.

One thing to be worried about would be sensetivity... make sure your 410 isnt putting out all the volume.... no point in adding a 112 if you can hear it
  3. kdogg

Nov 13, 2005
    I also have an SWR Goliath III 4x10. I added the Son Of Bertha 1x15, and it really compliments the 4x10 beautifully. It adds a nice low end presence to all of the positions you play, not just the lower registers. The cabinet itself is relatively small, 23.25”W x 20.25”H x 18.5”D, and a lite 60 lbs. I even use it occasionally, by itself, for smaller gigs.

Hope this helps.
  4. Muckaluck

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario
    Thanks for the advise kdogg. Well Went out today and ended up trading some old gear for a 1 X 15 Genz Benz. I am super happy. All this stuff JUST fits in my car and now I have a killer rig to blow people's socks off.

And of course, the obligatory pics...[​IMG]

5. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Those Genz-Benz LiveSound 1x15's are just great.

I played one, and came back the next day and it was gone. :crying:
  6. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution
    Hey...thanks for the business and support. Give me a buzz anytime you need support in return.
    Kindest Regards,
    Roger Hart
  7. kdogg

Nov 13, 2005
    Looks sweet! I'm jealous of your Goliath, looks like one of the originals. I'll bet it sounds killer too. :bassist: